Saturday, October 24, 2009

My recent letter to Sen. Patty Murray

This is what I wrote to Sen. Patty Murray in response to here recent video chat that is currently on YouTube.

Our Health Care System is Fine

"Here is my story. I was cleaning my brushes in lacquer thinner when I accidentally splashed some into my eye. I immediately began flushing my eyes with water. I actually stood in the shower, fully clothed, and flushed my eyes with water for over 15 minutes.

While still in pain from the chemicals, my wife rushed me to the Everett Clinic in Stanwood. I was seen and treated almost immediately while my wife filled out the paper work. I fully recovered as a result of my quick thinking and good treatment from the Everett Clinic.

We have zero insurance. I made a down payment. The Everett Clinic billed us for the rest. I think we stretched the payments for 2 months.

The point is, the current health care system is privately run and works just fine. We do not need the United States Legislature to jump in and screw things up.

I saw your video and have come to the conclusion that you are not listening to your constituents. And, for your information, we do not have a "system". We have a privately run health care industry that works just fine.

Oh, what the heck is this National Emergency declaration over Swine Flu. In all my years, I have never heard of such of thing. Are they now going to be passing vaccines out in schools now? We truly do not have an epidemic. I feel bad for the families who have lost loved ones to the Flu. But really, the Flu takes lives every year and never has a National Emergency been declared. This is just a misuse of funds and power."

As you can see, any simple person can write his or her representatives in Washington. Maybe you can do a better job than me. The point here is just doing. Go to your elected officials web-site and use their e-mail section and blast off a message to them. The keyboard is mightier than the sword, you might say.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Play nice in the comments and you will get heard.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.