Friday, May 6, 2011

Internet Browser Stats

Hey, I'm just looking at my stats for this blog. Pretty small numbers, but what I'm noticing is Internet Explorer and Firefox are #1 and #2 respectively. Chrome takes 3rd and Konqueror is 4th. Then we have the others that folks have barely heard of unless they are using them.

Most people know about the top two, but Konqueror is usually only known to Linux users running the KDE environment. So, this is interesting. And what do you personally use? I use Firefox mostly and then I use Konqueror on rare occasion. At one time I was using Chrome. Firefox tends to have the best security features with the most add-ons and extensions available.

The nice thing is Firefox comes in the Fedora packaging so there is no need to download from the Firefox site. Just install straight from the Fedora repositories using "#yum install firefox". Then install Flash and all your media codecs and then your browser experience will be awesome.

Don't forget to mark your calendars for the new Fedora 15 release date. Have a good weekend.

=-=-=-=-=
Powered by Blogilo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Play nice in the comments and you will get heard.