Saturday, July 16, 2011

Fedora 15

So, I'm sitting here eating my eggs and I remember that I have not blogged in a while. So, what's new with me.  I did get to installing Fedora 15 over Father's Day weekend.  And I upgraded my computer a bit.

The upgrade to F15 went very well.  I backed up all my precious files.  Oops.  I forgot to backup all my e-mails and Address book.  Oh well.  Guess I'll have to do with out those.  But I got everything else backed up and decided to do a new install.  I had been upgrading since F12 and thought it is time to clean some stuff up.

The installation went very well.  RAID is a little different on F15 compared to F12, but no really big deal.  It's actually easier than it used to be.  Another neat thing is that I didn't install Nvidia drivers this time around.  I chose to use the default video driver and it actually set up my dual monitors perfectly and automatically.  For a quick set-up of my Codecs I used the Autoplus to which is an extra tool that automatically installs most need things for the system.

In short, I am happy with F15.  The biggest change I've noticed is Openoffice has been sidelined for Libreoffice.  Same thing generally speaking.  But all in all, I'm loving F15.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Play nice in the comments and you will get heard.