Sunday, May 15, 2011

Linux Applications: KSnapshot (KDE)


One of my favorite applications under KDE is called KSnapshot. This is a pretty fun little tool. Not only can you jpeg your current desktop, you can also grab pics or portions of pics from the web, save as jpeg and then make wallpapers out of them. For example:

Once it is captured then you can add it to your desktop. But before I show you that one, you should also know that you can free-hand a pic from the web, save it and add it to your desktop: 

And I'll show you the desktop. I'm using dual screens. It can capture both screens or just one at a time or a freehand capture of what is on your screen. This is pretty nice and a really fun toy:


So, as you can see, this is a pretty fun application only available on KDE on your flavor of Linux. As you know, I'm using Fedora. Don't miss the new release of Fedora 15 in less than 10 days from now. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Play nice in the comments and you will get heard.